Preparing for Your Couples Session
Couples are one of my favorite subjects to photograph. Whether you're newly engaged, celebrating an anniversary, or just looking to document your love story, a couples session is the perfect way to do it. In this blog post, I'll be sharing tips on how to prepare for your couples session, so you can make the most of your experience and get the best possible photos.
- Plan your outfits. The way you dress can have a big impact on the final photos. It's important to choose outfits that complement each other and make you feel confident and comfortable. Avoid bold patterns or logos, as they can be distracting. It's also a good idea to iron or steam your clothes before the shoot to ensure they look their best.
- Pick a location that's meaningful to you. The location of your couples session is an important aspect of your photos. Dayton, Ohio offers a variety of great locations for couples photos, such as 2nd Street Market, The Oregon District, and Riverscape. Consider a location that holds special meaning to you, whether it's a place where you first met or somewhere you love to visit.
- Make it a date night. A couples session is the perfect opportunity to make a special evening out of it. Plan a dinner or a picnic at the location of your shoot and make it a night to remember. Not only will you be able to relax and enjoy each other's company, but it will also give you an opportunity to get in the mood for the shoot.
- Communicate with your photographer. Communication is key when it comes to couples photography. Let your photographer know what you're looking for in your photos, and ask for their input on any questions or concerns you may have. They'll be able to give you advice on how to pose and interact with each other to get the best possible shots.
- Be yourselves. Remember that the most important thing is to be yourselves and have fun. The goal of the couples session is to capture your unique connection and love story. So, relax, and enjoy the experience, and let your emotions guide you.
I hope these tips were helpful! Remember to plan your outfits, pick a location that's meaningful to you, make it a date night, communicate with your photographer, and most importantly, be yourselves and have fun. With a little preparation, you'll be able to capture some CUTEEEEEEEE pictures that everyone will be jealous of.